(1) With a view to arriving at common standards, the Committee at its 8th session (February 1950: CC/A.8/SR.7; CO-ORDINATION-PREP/R.176, item B.1), after discussing existing practices of the organizations, reached some agreements in principle in regard to: establishment of dates; secretaries of meetings; conference officer; transportation arrangements for delegates, representatives, etc.; hotel accommodation; distribution of documents; interpretation; summary and verbatim records and sound recording.
(1) A special meeting of CCAQ in September 1969 (CO-ORDINATION/R.762, paras. 20-26) agreed that an expert on forms design should be employed for an initial period of one to two months to assess the possibilities of standardizing forms used for:
(1) At its 82nd session (February 1995), participants in CCAQ(FB) exchanged information on organizations' experience in introducing time reporting systems by function for Professional staff. It also decided to set up at its next session a work programme for future discussions, on a regular basis, of management subjects (ACC/1995/6, paras. 46 and 47).
(1) At its 13th session in Rome (CEB/2007/3, paras. 133-134), the Committee responded positively to the request of the networks of 1) the Legal Advisers of the UN system and of 2) the Legal Liaison Officers to become a formal network under the auspices of the HLCM, under the condition that one network only, bringing together the two groups, be established.
(1) At its twentieth session (CEB/2010/5, paras.114-121), the Committee requested that at the next HLCM meeting a discussion be organized on social networking tools, including the legal, technical and public relations aspects of their use, and relevant agencies’ experiences.
(2) At its twenty first session in Paris (CEB/2011/3, paras. 119-127), the Committee expressed appreciation for the presentations “on social networking tools, including the legal, technical and public relations aspects of their use and relevant agencies’ experiences”.